You are invited to the meeting of the Friends of the Mohawk Towpath Byway at 7 PM on Tuesday, August 16 at the historic Grooms Tavern. It’s located at the intersection of Sugar Hill and Grooms Road. The parking lot is located behind the Tavern with a driveway a bit further west on Grooms Road.
Generally, the organization meets on the second Tuesday of every other month, but our August meeting had to be postponed because of other conflicts.
Items on the agenda include
- Planning update on the 14th Annual Mohawk Towpath Byway Duathlon
- Updates for the Friends Action Plan
- Discussion and critique of the new Byway website
- Publishing a kids (or seniors) coloring book
- A proposal for a gate tenders shed at lock 19 by Shenendehowa Rotary
- Planning for our Annual Meeting
We will have reports on Byway projects like
- Towpath Connector Trail
- The Self guided birding trail
Our next meeting will not be until October 11 so come to this meeting to express your views on how the Byway is run.